Richmond Sanitation District offers complimentary special pick ups (subject to change).
WHO: Residential customers
WHEN: Mondays, by appointment
HOW: To schedule a special pick up or for further assistance please call (765) 983-7450 Option 3. Once scheduled, all items must be placed in normal trash pick up location.
WHAT: Items eligible for special pick up include:
- Bulky household items
- Furniture (sofas, chairs, recliners, mattresses/box springs, desks, etc.)
- Cardboard (must be cut into pieces and bundled)
- Carpet (must be cut into 4" widths and rolled into no larger than 1' in diameter)
- Appliances (dishwashers, microwaves, washer/dryer, stove)
- Tree Limbs (must be bundled and no longer than 4’in length and no longer than 2” in diameter, you may have a maximum of six (6) bundles)
- Yard Waste (up to 6, 30-gallon bags)
- Items with freon (air conditioners, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, and freezers). Under federal law, these appliance must be checked, and the freon removed for recycling before they can be disposed of. There is a $35.00 charge (subject to change), for all appliances containing freon. The fee must be paid before the item will be scheduled for a special pick-up or taken at the landfill.
- Tires must be taken to the New Paris Landfill. The cost is Car Tires ($5.00), Truck Tires ($15.00), and Tractor Tire ($30.00), and any tires on rims are an additional $5.00 charge.