Stellar Streets Loop Phase I
Projected completion date: July 1, 2019
Funding: 80% Federal Highway / 20% TIF
Scope: Redesigns North 7th Street, South/North 10th Street, and sections of East Main Street to include Richmond's first dedicated bike/pedestrian paths.
Goal: Connect the City Center to the Gorge Park, Downtown Richmond, and the Historic Depot District.
Update, April 15, 2019 The Stellar Streets Loop Phase I Project is an INDOT LPA Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Enhancement project. As an INDOT LPA project, it is managed under the direction of United and Mike Prather of INDOT. Biweekly coordination meetings between the general and subcontractors with participation from city officials have been on-going thorough-out the project. The City is committed to working with INDOT to add evening public update meetings to the calendar, in order to provide an opportunity to directly ask questions. This offer is in addition to the updates to Council, website updates, social media posts, monthly updates to the Downtown Business Group and the Depot District group.
Sidewalk Improvements (in TIF)
Projected completion date: mid-July 2019 (dependent on InDOT coordination)
Funding: 100% TIF
Scope: Within the TIF District, replacement of sidewalks and some lighting updates.
Goal: Pedestrian safety.
Stellar Facade Project
Projected completion date: end July 2019
Goal: Business attraction and retention, renewed pride in Center City, and increased tax base.
631 East Main Street: Phillips Drugs
706 East Main Street: Private Owner
720-724 East Main Street: The Secret Ingredient
820 East Main Street: Tin Lizzie Cafe/Tin Cup
930 East Main Street: BSN Sports
Update, April 15, 2019 The City of Richmond was designated a Stellar Community in 2013. This designation allowed the City the opportunity to seek grant funds to complete projects within the Stellar Boundaries. The City submitted a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) in late September of 2017 for the Stellar Façade projects downtown. On October 17, 2017, the City of Richmond signed an agreement with the Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) officially kicking off the Stellar Façade project. This grant, in the amount of $750,000, is funding 80% of the project. The remaining 20% is being funding by a grant from the Urban Enterprise Association (10%) and the property owners (10%) participating in the program. After bids were received in May 2018 and alternates selected by individual property owners, the project cost totaled $971, 007. This is under the CDBG grant application budget of $1,237,500. As with any historical rehabilitation project, unforeseen issues can arise when construction begins and this number is subject to change. A final project cost will not be available until all projects are completed later this year.
US 27 South / US 40 East Reconstruction
Projected completion date: end June 2019
Project Status as of June 7, 2019:
Surfacing of approaches
NEXT: Painting/Striping, Sod work, Clean-Up
ADA-Compliant Ramp Updates in July
Blight Elimination Program
The goal of the Blight Elimination Program is to stabilize residential property values and prevent foreclosures in Indiana neighborhoods and communities. Since 2015 the city has removed over 130 unsafe and blighted homes leaving safer and more attractive neighborhoods in it's wake. Target Area
Lamar Lundy Bridge Resurfacing (InDOT)
Projected start date: end of June, per contract work will last 30 days
Scope: Mill & Pave from Lamar Lundy Bridge to South 3rd Street
Traffic lane restrictions only. No road closures scheduled.
Community Crossings 2019
Projected Construction: mid-June, per contract work will last 6 weeks
Funding: 50% State / 50% Local
Scope: Milling and paving work on deteriorated roads.
Goal: Infrastructure maintenance
Notes: Wernle Road will be top priority.