NOW HIRING POLICE OFFICERS FOR THE CITY OF RICHMOND, INDIANA
The Richmond Indiana Police Department is opening the hiring process for the position of full-time Police Officer. RPD strives to hire the best and brightest candidates that effectively represent Richmond as a whole community. We seek only candidates who are committed to upholding the highest standards of professional and ethical policing for which the Richmond Police Department is known.
2024 1st Class Patrolman Salary: $56,744.99
Laterals: Tier 1 Certified (or out of state equivalent) start at up to $63,000
Police Officer Requirements
- Applicants must be a US Citizen and must be between the ages of 21 and 39 years of age.
- Applicants must be a High School Graduate (GED) at the time of hire.
- Applicants must have never been convicted of a felony or domestic violence.
- Applicants must have never received a dishonorable discharge from the military
- Applicants must pass a written exam, oral interview, physical agility test, background investigation, and CVSA (voice stress) test.
- Applicants must possess a valid Operator Driver’s license at the time of hire.
- Applications may be accessed online through the link below or picked up at the Richmond Police Department.
- You must download the application in order to fill it out electronically.
- Applications may be returned to the Richmond Police Department in person, by mail or email (RPDrecruit@richmondindiana.gov). Please include a photo or copy of your Driver's License when submitting your application.
- Complete Full Application
- Pass Written Exam
- Complete Physical Agility Test
- Oral Interview
- Background Investigation
- CVSA (Voice Stress Test)
Any question in regards to the hiring process or your application status should be directed Assistant Chief Adam Blanton.