PLEASE NOTE: TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS LISTED BELOW.
The Richmond Indiana Police Department is conducting a new hiring process for the position of Police Officer. The date to take the test is being extended through September 24, 2021 to reach as many applicants as possible. RPD strives to hire the best and brightest candidates that effectively represent Richmond as a whole community. We seek only candidates who are committed to upholding the highest standards of professional and ethical policing that the Richmond Police Department is known for.
Richmond PD utilizes empco.net, a company partnered with the Indiana Sheriff’s Association, to conduct testing for our hiring processes. The preliminary test can be taken by applicants at the local Ivy Tech Campus. Test dates can be scheduled through Empco.net utilizing the instructions below. For testing questions please contact Teresa Smith at 765-966-2656, 765-546-9029, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the EMPCO profile.
There are several test dates available through September 24, 2021. Candidates that are hired will be reimbursed for the fee to take the EMPCO test by the Police Department. Instructions for the testing procedure as well as some of the requirements for the position are listed below.
The steps prospective candidates need to follow are these:
• Go to empco.net
• Choose client (services)
• Choose Indiana Sheriff Association
• Next the individual would choose to enter under the “New Candidate Registration”. If they have previously used this site then they already would have a username and password to access the site.
• Once applicants have registered they will select Richmond Police Department as well as the Deputy / Officer exam. After they have paid for the exam and scheduled, they need to know to come to McDaniel Hall, room 1128 on the Ivy Tech campus on the test date selected. Applicants are required to bring a valid government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Applicants need to know their social security number, this is what they will use to access the exam. Test locations are required to take a thumb print to verify their attendance at the exam appointment.
Some of the basic requirements are as follows:
• Applicants must be a US Citizen and must be 21 and 39 years of age.
• Applicants must be a High School Graduate (GED) and meet Indiana residency requirements at the time of hire.
• Applicants must have never been convicted of a felony or domestic violence.
• Applicants must pass a written exam, oral interview, physical agility test, background investigation, and CVSA (voice stress) test.
• Applicants must possess a valid Indiana Driver’s license at the time of hire.