• Applicants must be a US Citizen and must be between the ages of 21 and 39 years of age.
• Applicants must be a High School Graduate (GED) at the time of hire.
• Applicants must have never been convicted of a felony or domestic violence.
• Applicants must pass a written exam, oral interview, physical agility test, background investigation, and CVSA (voice stress) test.
• Applicants must possess a valid Operator Driver’s license at the time of hire.
• Applications may be accessed online through the link below or picked up at the Richmond Police Department.
• You must download the application in order to fill it out electronically.
• Applications may be returned to the Richmond Police Department in person, by mail or email (RPDrecruit@richmondindiana.gov). Please include a photo or copy of your Driver's License when submitting your application.
• Complete Full Application
• Pass Written Exam
• Complete Physical Agility Test
• Oral Interview
• Background Investigation
• CVSA (Voice Stress Test)
Any question in regards to the hiring process or your application status should be directed to Major Jon Bales.
Sign up for email updates.