June 8, 2021
The Richmond Sanitary District strives to maintain a clean, beautiful Richmond. Beyond the normal collection of solid waste through the use of Rosie Rollers, the District runs and maintains a municipal landfill where items that will not fit into a Rosie Roller. On July 17th and 24th, the District will be expanding the Landfill hours from its normal 8Am-1PM to 8AM-4PM.
For individuals without the means to get their waste to the landfill, the District offers Special Pickup and Leased Roll-offs for items that will not fit in a Rosie Roller. The District is pleased to announce that it is expanding the volume of Special Pickup it can collect in a week starting in June. To call for a Special Pickup, dial (765) 983-7450 Option 3.
Special Pickup: Items eligible for special pick up include:
· Bulky household items
· Furniture (sofas, chairs, recliners, mattresses/box springs, desks, etc.)
· Cardboard (must be cut into pieces and bundled)
· Carpet (must be cut into 4'widths and rolled into no larger than 1' in diameter)
· Appliances (dishwashers, microwaves, washer/dryer, stove)
· Tree Limbs (must be bundled and no longer than 4’ in length and no longer than 2” in diameter, you may have a maximum of six (6) bundles)
· Yard Waste (up to 6, 30-gallonbags)
For more resources, please visit Richmond Sanitary District.
Director, Richmond Sanitary District
Sign up for email updates.