November 9, 2021
The City of Richmond was recently awarded INDOT’s 2021-2022 Community Crossings Award. This is the City’s 7th consecutive year receiving the award, totaling a $4 million investment in Richmond roads from INDOT’s Community Crossings Program since 2016. The 2021-2022 award will fund 35 projects and totals $815,284.50 with a match from the City’s TIF and American Rescue Plan funds, resulting in an overall annual investment of over $1.6 million in road improvements. The improvements will positively impact 722 adjacent residential properties and 47 adjacent commercial properties. Construction is estimated to begin fall of 2022. The following roads will receive repairs:
• South “E” Street from S. 27th to Henley Road
• South 27th Street from S. “E” St. to SE Parkway
• Central Drive from Sylvan Nook to North Drive
• Middle Drive from US 27 to East Drive
• East Drive from Middle Drive to Cul-De-Sac
• North Drive from US 27 to East Drive
• Berry Lane from Central Drive to Cul-De-Sac
• Peacock Road from NW 5th Street to NW 13th Street
• North “H” Street from Chester Blvd to N. 12th Street
• North “H” Street from N. 14th Street to N. 16th Street
• SW 8th Street from US 40 to West Main Street
• NW 7th Street from West Main Street to Peacock Road
• SW 17th Street from US 40 to SW “B” Street
• SW 17th Street from West Main to SW. “A” Street
• SW “A” Street from SW 14th Street to SW 18th Street
• SW “B” Street from SW 16th Street to SW 18th Street
• SW 16th Street from West Main St. to SW “A” Street
• SW 16th Street from SW “A” Street to US 40
• N. 2nd Street from East Main Street to N. “A” Street
• North “A” St. from N. 2nd St. to 140 ft. East of N. 3rd St.
• North 3rd St. from N. “A” St. to N. “D” St.
• North “D” St. from N. 3rd St. to N. 5th St.
• North 4th St. from N. 3rd St. to Dead End
• Rich Road from Williamsburg Pike to Flatley Road
• South 13th St. from S. “A” St. to S. “E” St.
• South 16th St. from S. “A St. to S. “E” St.
• Cartwright Drive from NW 13th St. to NW “B” St.
• NW 15th St. from West Main to NW “B” St.
• Debolt Lane from Cartwright Lane to Cul-De-Sac
• South 13th St. from S. “Q” St. to S. “U” St.
• South “T” Place from S. “T” St. to S. “T” St.
• NW “A” St. from NW 8th St. to NW 10th St.
• NW “B” St. from NW 8th St. to NW 10th St.
• NW “C” St. from NW 8th St. to NW 10th St.
• NW 10th St. from West Main to Peacock Road
Communication during construction is critical to safety and economic viability. The Department of Infrastructure and Development has developed and regularly maintains an interactive map with all current, future, and recently completed projects. The resource includes links to helpful pages, funding sources, and estimated construction dates. To access the map, visit richmondindiana.gov/resources/currentidprojects.
Community Development Coordinator
Click HERE for the official press release.
Sign up for email updates.