Join us for another great summer of Just Us Kids Outdoors (JUKO)! June 4 - July 13th
Join us for another great summer of Just Us Kids Outdoors (JUKO)!
JUKO is a summer half-day camp that gives kids the chance to have a fantastic summer full of fun activities! They include outdoor games, arts and crafts, field trips, swimming, and so much more! The best part about this program: it’s free! There is no registration deadline this summer or cap on enrollment.
Please review the General Information, JUKO Rules, and Weather Policy before registering your child.
Online registration is possible by following this link: Click here
JUKO 2018 General Information
Ages: JUKO is for children entering grades 1st-6th in the fall of 2018. Children are divided by age in to Group One (1st & 2nd graders), Group Two (3rd & 4th graders), and Team JUKO (5th & 6th graders)
Dates: June 4 - July 13, 2018
Convenience of Camps: JUKO is set up to be convenience for you! Just pick the location or time that best suits your needs! We have four different sites and morning or afternoon locations to best fit your schedule! *Please note: You can only choose one:
- Springwood Park from 9 am - 12 pm
- Vaile Elementary from 9 am - 12 pm
- Mary Scott Park from 1 - 4 pm
- Glen Miller Park from 1 - 4 pm
Please download the site calendars you are registering your child for to make sure you know where we will be on which day:
- Glen Miller Park Calendar 2018
- Mary Scott Park Calendar 2018
- Springwood Park Calendar 2018
- Vaile Site Calendar 2018
Dates: June 5 - July 14, 2017 ★ JUKO meets Monday-Friday, except on holidays. ★ HOLIDAY 2018: JUKO DOES NOT meet July 4 for Independence Day. ★ For weekend activities that your children can attend, check out our Facebook Events.
Cost: Free *** A donation of $10 is appreciated to buy t-shirts and water bottles. Cash or check donations accepted at all site locations or in the Parks Office. Please make checks payable to "City of Richmond".
Lunches: Both morning and afternoon campers receive lunch. The free lunches are provided through the USDA Summer Food Service Program and are prepared by Richmond Community Schools. Exceptions for lunches are only made for medical reasons that have supporting verification (doctor’s note). Please indicate on your registration form if your child is lactose intolerant or has food allergies under medical information. **USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
JUKO Rules We have a few rules at JUKO to keep everyone safe and camp running smoothly:
- All Richmond Parks and Recreation summer programs have one main rule: NO HURTING. If your child is fighting, using inappropriate language, he/she will not be allowed to return to JUKO.
- If your child is not walking or riding their bike, it is your responsibility to pick them up ON TIME after JUKO. Children whose parents are consistently late picking them up will not be allowed to return to JUKO.
- One of our goals at JUKO is 100% participation in all activities. Children who continually refuse to participate in the activities will not be allowed to return to JUKO.
- Children wishing to stay at Cordell Municipal Pool AFTER JUKO must have a signed permission slip from their parent or guardian as well as money to re-enter the pool. ($3.00)
- Children must wear tennis shoes to JUKO on all non-pool days! This is important for us to reduce the risk of injury. If kids continually wear sandals/flip flops to JUKO, they will be unable to participate and parents will be called to pick their child up from camp. On pool days, children need to wear appropriate swim attire.
- Kids MUST check out with their JUKO counselors everyday before leaving. Failure to do so will result in them not being allowed to return to JUKO.
Weather Policy for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, cancellations will be made on a case-by-case basis. To learn about if we have cancelled JUKO or not, please call 983-PLAY (7529).
If it begins to rain or thunder while we are at the pool on Tuesdays or Thursdays, please pick your child up from the pool as soon as possible. If it is raining and/ or thundering prior to JUKO on a pool day, do not bring your child to JUKO. Additionally, you can find out about JUKO cancellations on G101.3, on Facebook.com/RichmondParks, and @RichmondInParks.
Register Your Child for JUKO Today! Sounds like fun, right?! We've moved to a paperless process for your convenience as well as ours:
JUKO Staff: All JUKO Camp Counselors and staff members attend training week prior to the start of camp covering topics such as developmental stages, recognizing child abuse, and psychological aspects of children. Additionally, our staffers:
- Pass Police Background and Sex Offender’s Checks
- Are CPR and First-Aid Certified
- Meet our JUKO Staff on Facebook in May!
- Work at JUKO this Summer
Work at JUKO this SummerWe take applications for JUKO from January - April for the summer program. Please visit out Volunteer and Job Opportunities page for more information.
Volunteer Jr. Camp Counselor positions are also available for children 13 -16. More information coming soon!
JUKO End of Year Carnival
Every year we end with a Carnival, complete with prizes, inflatable obstacle course, an inflatable slide, cotton candy, and more! It's always a bunch of fun.