Want to PAY NOW online? Click here
The Richmond Sanitary Distirct is pleased to offer a convenient, and secure method for paying Sewer & Storm Water bills via the Internet.
Take Advantage Of This Great Opportunity To Make Your Life A Little Easier
- Less Expensive Than The Price Of A Stamp!
- No signup cost
- Pay by using a credit Visa, Mastercard or debit card.
Payments are not posted to accounts for 24-48 hours from time of transaction. Anyone paying a delinquent notice should make sure payment is made in a timely manner in order to avoid disconnect.
Sewer Billing / Storm Water Billing FAQ
Who do payments go to?
- City of Richmond, Sanitary District Sewer Billing
Where can I make a payment?
- A drop box is located t the City Building at the lower entrance into the Police Department, Phillip's Drugs (promenade & west side location), mail it in, call it in over the phone to pay with credit card, or walk-ins at the Richmond Sanitary District.
How do I set up Direct Payment (ACH) from my checking or savings account?
- Call (765) 983-7450 for enrollment form.
Why are the water and sewer bills being separated?
- Indiana American Water Company has decided they no long wish to do our sewer billing.
What is the NSF (Non-Sufficient Fund) charge?
- $20.00 per check.
What happens if I don't pay my bill?
- You will receive ample notices, however, you will be subject to having the water services disconnected and charged a $65.00 reconnection fee. This is a service Indiana American Water Company provides, so that sanitary fees are able to be collected.
What is my new rate since I am not on city water and only pay a flat sewer fee?
- Previously it was $30.63 Now it is $35.97
What do I do if I am leaving for the winter months?
- Contact Indiana American Water Company and your sewer bill will be stopped, however, if you have Direct Payment (ACH), please contact Richmond Sanitary District at (765) 983-7450 stating when to stop/restart your ACH payments.
Do you have payment plans?
- Yes, accounts that are up for disconnect status may do a 3 month payment plan, the account balance is divided into 3 payments to be paid with the current sewer bill. Photo I.D. is required.
What is the late fee penalty?
- 10% of the total amount due.
How do I change services when moving?
- Contact Indiana American Water Company to notify them, then contact (765) 983-7450 to provide forwarding billing address.
What is the storm water fee?
- The storm water fee is $6.00.