The Richmond Indiana Police Department will be conducting another hiring process for the position of Police Officer. We are looking for outstanding, diverse candidates interested in a career in Law Enforcement, that have a strong desire to serve the community of Richmond, Indiana. Richmond PD utilizes empco.net, a company partnered with the Indiana Sheriff’s Association, to conduct testing for our hiring processes. The preliminary test can be taken by applicants at the local Ivy Tech Campus, as well as several other testing locations around the State of Indiana.
There are several test dates available from December 1, 2018, through the cutoff date of January 4, 2019. Candidates that are hired will be reimbursed for the fee to take the EMPCO test by the Police Department. Instructions for the testing procedure as well as some of the requirements for the position are listed below.
The steps prospective candidates need to follow are these:
· Go to empco.net
· Choose client (services)
· Choose Indiana Sheriff Association
· Next the individual would choose to enter under the “New Candidate Registration”. If they have previously used this site then they already would have a username and password to access the site.
· Once applicants have registered they will select Richmond Police Department as well as the Deputy / Officer exam. After they have paid for the exam and scheduled, they need to know to come to McDaniel Hall, room 1128 on the Ivy Tech campus on the test date selected. Applicants are required to bring a valid government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Applicants need to know their social security number, this is what they will use to access the exam. Test locations are required to take a thumb print to verify their attendance at the exam appointment.
Some of the basic requirements are as follows:
· Applicants must be a US Citizen between the ages 21 and 35 at the time of hire.
· Applicants must be a High School Graduate (GED) and meet Indiana residency requirements at the time of hire.
· Applicants must have never been convicted of a felony or domestic violence.
· Applicants must pass a written exam, oral interview, physical agility test, background investigation, and CVSA (voice stress) test.
· Applicants must possess a valid Indiana Driver’s license at the time of hire.
Further questions may be directed to:
Major Jon Bales