Dept/Div: Mayor’s Office
Reports to: Director of Strategic Initiatives
Hours: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
2021 Salary Range: $33,300.00-$37,000.00
2022 Salary Range: $35,785.00-$46,521.00
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Definition of Work
Performs difficult technical work coordinating community development, economic development, planning, and code inspection functions for the City, processing and filing documents, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Director of Infrastructure and Development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Participates in project development and implementation.
· Develops platforms and utilizes ArcGIS and Google as content repositories for dynamic sharing; implements Board and Commission document management process for increased access to content designs project-based digital and print content including billboards, flyers, and social graphics for all departments; produces, shoots, and edits branded videos.
· Develops and manages communication strategy for the City; manages the City website including ensuring all pages are consistent, updated, relevant, and accessible; tracks Google analytics; evaluates web page/tool structure.
· Administer communication content archiving and reporting.
· Manages City social media channels and provides advises and supports departmental social channels; tracks metrics; manages the city-wide archiving tool; manages City Google business.
· Serves as liaison to the business and non-profit community; attends monthly meetings and serves on several boards; updates the community through presentations; organizes and market input meetings for infrastructure projects.
· Provides departments with communication audits and partner on strategies and implementation; proactively supports communication efforts of all departments.
· Advises departments on strategic communications issues and coordinates the implementation of related projects including positively positioning and portraying the City in the news, social media, the community, other government agencies and City partners.
· Develops and maintains a coordinated network of information sharing among internal staff to integrate communications efforts across the City organization.
· Researches innovative projects, communication strategies, and tools for deployment; develops policies and procedures related to communication and document management based on best-practice guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of the application of laws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures relating to the department and comprehensive knowledge of business development including business planning, finance, marketing and general business management; thorough knowledge of implementing laws and other regulations related to municipal planning, communications and project management; thorough knowledge of website maintenance and social media development and related ordinances, and other related public agency rules and procedures; skill in the use of personal computers, associated software packages, hardware, and peripheral equipment; skill in planning, budgeting, supervision, public relations, and technical writing; skill in short- and long-range strategic-planning and recommendations; skill in analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, organization, and time-management; skill in preparing reports and general correspondence; ability to prepare and present verbal and written reports clearly and concisely; ability to research and collect and organize data; ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to resolve problems; ability to develop and maintain social media platforms, ability to communicate effectively in or a land written form; ability to make recommendations on policies and procedures and implement changes; ability to deal effectively with the public; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, subordinates, architects, contractors, vendors, engineers, committees and commissions, executive management, City officials, Mayor, government agencies, business owners, community groups, and the public.
Education and Experience
Associate’s or Technical degree in public administration, business administration, communication, or related field and moderate experience with project management, social media/web management, staff training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This work is sedentary and requires little to no exertion of force; work regularly requires using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions, frequently requires sitting and speaking or hearing and occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling and reaching with hands and arms; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Valid driver’s license in the State of Indiana.